The ASEAN Network of IPR Enforcement Experts (ANIEE) is made up of representatives from ASEAN Member States (AMS) involved in IP rights enforcement. The objective is to ensure that the AMS maintain a regional action plan on IP rights enforcement in line with the ASEAN IPR Action Plan 2016-2025.
ARISE+ IPR will contribute to advancing enforcement initiatives under the ASEAN IPR Action Plan 2016-2025 by supporting ANIEE’s enforcement agenda. The support will include the following.
- Organising the ‘Regional Workshop on IPR Enforcement’ on 27-28 April 2023 for ANIEE members. Enforcement experts from the European Observatory on Infringements of Intellectual Property Rights will participate in this workshop.
- Producing promotional and educational videos on fighting online infringements.
The ‘Regional Workshop on IPR Enforcement’ will be held in Manila, the Philippines. The first day will cover new and emerging technologies and there will be sharing sessions from the AMS and businesses on their best practices in using new technologies in IP rights enforcement. On the second day, the agenda will focus on the use of intermediary services in IP infringing activities and how to counteract them, as well as challenges and good practices for electronic payment services to prevent their use for IP-infringing activities.
- Session 1 - Pascal Hetzscholdt - New and emerging technologies threats and challenges for IP - [PPTX - 24.60MB]
- Session 2 - Pascal Hetzscholdt-New and emerging technologies opportunities and drivers - [PPTX - 11.72MB]
- Session 3 - Jay D Guillermo-Best practice in using technologies in IPR Enforcement - [PPTX - 12.56MB]
- Session 4 - Kristian Nico Calugay Acosta-Best practice in using technologies in IPR Enforcement - [PPTX - 7.83MB]
- Session 5 - Pascal Hetzscholdt-The use of intermediary services in IP infringing activities and how to counteract - [PPTX - 6.99MB]
- Session 6 - Pascal Hetzscholdt - Challenges and good practices for electronic payment services to prevent the use of their services for IP infringing activities - [PPTX - 3.23MB]