The ‘International Seminar on Trade Mark Infringement for Judges of MERCOSUR and Chile’ was held on 20-21 June 2023.
This seminar was jointly organised by the AL-INVEST Verde IPR project, the Intellectual Property Directorate of the Supreme Court of Paraguay and the National Directorate of Intellectual Property of Paraguay (DINAPI), with the collaboration of the International Trademark Association (INTA).
The activity consisted of 2 full days and will cover:
- the international context of trade mark infringement;
- the regulatory framework in the European Union, MERCOSUR and Chile;
- specific case studies of trade mark infringement;
- exchange of experience and good practice in resolving cases;
- tools for identifying and analysing trade mark infringement.
The objective was to provide participants with a broad and practical perspective on the subject, thus strengthening their skills and knowledge in trade mark protection and the fight against infringement.
It was a hybrid event. During the seminar, participants presented case reviews of relevant trade mark infringement cases from their country’s case-law. Participants included judges from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay and the European Union.