On July 2, the EU-Georgia Intellectual Property Project (EUGIPP) organised a ‘Workshop on alternative dispute resolution’.
The purpose of the workshop was to discuss the mediation and alternative dispute resolution services provided by the EUIPO’s Boards of Appeal and to share best processes and practices with the Georgian counterparts.
EUIPO mediators guided participants through the workshop who contributed to explore the different principles, roles and techniques of mediation and alternative resolution methods. Participants also had the chance to participate directly in a practical case study.
EUGIPP is an EU-funded international cooperation project that is implemented by the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO). The project’s main beneficiary is the National Intellectual Property Center of Georgia – SAKPATENTI.
- Agenda [PDF - 0.3MB] [KA]
- Gordon Humphreys - Successful Mediation Examples [PDF - 0.5MB] [EN]
- Katarzyna Zajfert - Duties of a mediator [PDF - 0.6MB] [EN]
- Kirsten Bauch - ADR different mediation techniques [PDF - 0.8MB] [EN]
- Natalia Kapetanaki, Javier Soriano - Keys to a successful mediation [PDF - 1.2MB] [EN]
- Natalia Kapetanaki - Principles of the mediation process [PDF - 0.5MB] [EN]
- Natalia Kapetanaki - The role of the different actors in mediation [PDF - 0.5MB] [EN]
- Sophie Petrequin - Mediation working methodology [PDF - 0.6MB] [EN]
- Susy Scardocchia - The duties of lawyers [PDF - 0.5MB] [EN]