On 10th March CarIPI hosted a webinar directed at EPA coordinators, policymakers, and private sector representatives of CARIFORUM to raise awareness on the benefits – for the business sector and in particular to SMEs - on the existing regional and international convergence efforts, as well as the positive impacts regional harmonisation of IP systems for TMs have on trade in IP-rich goods and services and overall economic development.
Participants heard first-hand how micro and small businesses can benefit from the use of international and regional TM registration systems to expand competitively into external markets. Examples from around the world were presented.
- Presentation 1 - CarIPI overview - Alexandra Mayr [PDF - 1MB] [EN]
- Presentation 2 - Experience of CARIFORM Businesses Trading Across the Region - Helen Moss [PDF - 0.7MB] [EN]
- Presentation 3 - EAPO - Andrey Sekretov [PDF - 1MB] [EN]
- Presentation 4 - ARIPO - Charles Pundo [PDF - 3.2MB] [EN]
- Presentation 5 - Regional IP registration systems-EUIPO example - Ignacio De Medrano [PDF - 0.9MB] [EN]
- Presentation 6 - Snapdragon - Rachel Jones [PDF - 1.5MB] [EN]
- Summary of Presentations - Benefits_IP Convergence [PDF - 0.3MB] [EN]