Regional cooperation in Plant Variety Rights + study visit
On 19-20 May, CARIFORUM Intellectual Property Rights and Innovation, together with the CPVO and UPOV, organised an in-person seminar on Regional Cooperation in PVR in the Dominican Republic. There was also a study visit to some breeders’ companies that benefit from the PVR system. The event targeted decision makers from agricultural ministries, IP offices and/or EPA coordinators.
Plant breeding plays a vital role in innovation in the agricultural sector, especially in areas dealing with plant health, new products, sustainable use of biodiversity, food security, and climate change issues. Plant breeding improves the performance of plant varieties. This enables growers and farmers to gain higher yields of better quality that meet commercial and consumer needs. It also helps them deal with issues critical to economic development in the sector.
- ESTUDIOS DE CASO SOBRE EL IMPACTO DE LOS REGISTROS DE PVR E IG EN REPÚBLICA DOMINICANA - Graciela Garcia Medrano - [PDF - 2,32 MB]
- Plant Variety Protection Initiatives under CarIPI - Ignacio de Medrano (EN) - [PDF - 2.33 MB]
- Benefits of UPOV facts and figures - Leontino Taveira (EN) - [PDF – 4.57 MB]
- How to develop legislation and become UPOV members - Yolanda Huerta (EN) - [PDF – 0.73 MB]
- How to operate the system - Leontino Taveira (EN) - [PDF – 4.57 MB]
- Cooperation on DUS report exchange – CPVO - Francesco Mattina (EN) - [PDF – 1.07 MB]