This section offers a repository of relevant publications, frameworks, treaties and laws in the Pan African region and its member states.
The project fully subscribes to the policy framework set up by all existing EU, AU and EU-Africa development and cooperation strategies, and contributes to their key objectives.
These key policy documents are as follows:
- 2014 Joint ACP-EU Cooperation Framework for Private Sector Development support in African, Caribbean, and Pacific (ACP) Countries
- 2016 European External Investment Plan (EEIP)
- The AfCFTA provides the ideal framework to promote continental harmonisation of IPR frameworks, in line with the relevant international treaties (in addition to the multiple Economic Partnership Instruments (EPAs) existing or being negotiated between African countries/regions and the EU).
- The Pan-African Multi-annual Indicative Programme 2018-2020 aiming at supporting the AfCFTA implementation
At Pan-African level:
- African Union Commission - Agenda 2063 is the strategic framework for the socio-economic transformation of the continent over the next 50 years.
- 2015 Dakar Declaration on Intellectual Property for Africa
- 2017 Abidjan Declaration, which identifies investment as one of the Joint Africa-EU strategic priorities.
- 2017 Continental Strategy for Geographical Indications in Africa (2018-2023)