ARISE+ IPR hosted national roving seminars on Geographical Indications in Brunei Darussalam and Viet Nam
ARISE+ IPR hosted national seminars on Geographical Indications (GIs) in Brunei Darussalam and Hanoi, Viet Nam respectively on 18 September and 20 September, 2019.
Participating in these seminars were GI and potential GI producers and association representatives; and government agencies responsible for GIs respectively in these two countries. The seminar in Brunei gave focus on the history and objectives of GI protection, GI protection in Brunei Darussalam, and GI and its complementarity with other IP rights; whereas, the seminar in Viet Nam provided participants with specialised topics on GI maintaining and controlling mechanisms, roles of collective management organisations, and especially the challenges and opportunities for Vietnamese GI producers under the recently signed EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement.
These seminars were organized within the second Annual Work Plan of the ARISE+ IPR project, aiming to further promote GI systems in local markets in the ASEAN region.
- History GI Protection [PDF - 4.4MB] [EN]
- GI Protection in Brunei Darussalam [PDF - 1.5MB] [EN]
- GI and other IP Rights [PDF - 1.7MB] [EN]
- GI Protection and Promotion in Vietnam [PDF - 2.2MB] [EN]
- GI Protection and Promotion in Vietnam [PDF - 2.4MB] [VN]
- GI protection in the EU [PDF - 4.5MB] [EN]
- GI protection in the EU [PDF - 4.9MB] [VN]
- EVFTA- EU Delegation to Vietnam [PDF - 1.3MB] [EN]
- Roles of GI association in GI Protection and Promotion [PDF - 1.9MB] [EN]
- Roles of GI association in GI Protection and Promotion [PDF - 2.4MB] [VN]
- Maintaining and Controling a registered GI [PDF - 2MB] [EN]
- Maintaining and Controling a registered GI [PDF - 2.5MB] [VN]