Support for the ARIPO Patent Examination Training
Under the African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO) Patent Examination Training programme (ARPET), AfrIPI, ARIPO and the European Patent Office (EPO) partnered together to train patent examiners of the national patent offices of ARIPO Member States.
The residential training programme was held in Zanzibar, Tanzania, from 11-15 July 2022 with approximately 40 participants.
The objective of the training programme was to develop the knowledge and skills of patent examiners of ARIPO Member States.
The APERT programme included the following topics:
- competency-based framework and curriculum to train examiners;
- conducting timely, high-quality searches and examinations of local applications;
- implementing international and EPO procedures;
- second filing practices.
This Activity will continue in AWP3.
- Patent examiners and R&D institutions attend a 5-day ARPET training session in Zanzibar
- Press Release 11/07/2022 | Support for the ARIPO Patent Examination Training - Final Press Release [PDF - 0.2MB]
Watch the highlights: